Title Technical Project Manager
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Our technical project managers are a key part of Infostellar's overall success. Tasked with managing a range of technical projects including, but not limited to, satellite and ground station onboarding, and client-specific customisation. To ensure the success of each project, they work closely with internal and external stakeholders, solving issues, facilitating discussions, and keeping progress aligned with deadlines.
To excel, candidates need to possess strong communication skills as well as a technical foundation in order to act as a go-between for technical and non-technical parties. It is also a significant advantage if candidates have past experience in a technical role related to satellites or ground station networks.
If you enjoy the satisfaction of a project completed successfully, take great pride in customer success, and are excited about helping new partners discover how Infostellar is changing the ground-segment-as-a-service sector, then this might just be the perfect fit!
● The development of the architectural solution for integration of third party ground segments with StellarStation
● Support the Business team by providing technical expertise and advice during client/partner discussions, providing estimates on timelines, difficulties, and feasibility
● Conduct technical assessments of potential partners/clients in order to understand the technical difficulty/complexity of their onboarding, in order to better prioritise engineering resources
● Manage the end-to-end onboarding of satellite operators, facilitating and coordinating discussions between internal teams (Sales, Engineering) and external ones
● Manage the end-to-end onboarding of ground station operators, facilitating and coordinating discussions between internal teams (Sales, Engineering) and external ones
● Develop comprehensive onboarding processes to improve the standardisation and therefore reduce the labour intensity of any single onboarding
● Ensure timely and proactive partner support, including ensuring forward-thinking driver support and development, client-considerations in software releases, etc.
● Manage client/partner-driven projects that require cross-functional collaboration
● Together with sales managers, ensure customer success and retention
● Support any other team or function where reasonable and necessary
● Prior knowledge in the Space industry
● Sound understanding of the technical requirements of satellite-ground station communication
● Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
● Able to communicate effectively, and credibly, with technical and non-technical teams
● Able to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines simultaneously
● Space systems knowledge
● Cloud architecture understanding
● For applicants that require a visa support to work in Japan, a Bachelor's Degree or higher is preferred