Who You Are
Telespazio Germany has been supporting the European Space Industry for over 30 years, including ESA, DLR, EUMETSAT and CNES.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to complement our existing IT Engineering Service Team which provides a wide range of operational services to the European Space Agency, at ESOC in Darmstadt. This service shall be incorporated within the MOI-IT Core Engineering Service Catalogue.
The primary areas of responsibility for this service are related to activities in the areas of project delivery, expert consultancy and third-level support
We are looking forward to meeting you!
What You Will Focus on
- The Engineer will provide support to the TPZG ICT Engineering Team in the delivery of ICT engineering services to multiple clients.
- The work shall include analysis of the requirements; design, integration, validation and documentation of ICT solutions; handover to operations; level 3 support for incidents and problems.
What You Bring
- A university degree in Computer Sciences (or equivalent).
- At least 5 years’ experience as IT Engineer in a customer facing role.
- The successful candidate will have strong goal-oriented and planning capabilities, coupled with very good problem-solving skills and a pronounced customer focus.
- Applicants should have strong communication and collaboration skills, be able to work in a diverse team environment and accomplish goals in line with team objectives.
- Experience operating critical IT infrastructure environments, working in mixed operating system and database environments, managing technical service transition, creation and maintenance of support documentation.
- Interesting to learn and dealing with modern technologies.
- Solid work experience with Linux OS (RHEL, SLES and derivatives), system administration and customization
- Good knowledge on automation technologies and tools such as Chef, Puppet and/or Ansible.
- Supporting solutions running in Cloud Services.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed complex technical projects.
- Providing timely analysis and resolution of issues reported by level 2 support team.
- An advanced-level command of English and an ability to present output in a clear, concise and understandable way, both orally and in writing
- Pro-active approach and take ownership of problems.
- Ability to manage assigned activities/tasks in line with deadlines.
- Requirements analysis and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
- Security oriented : knowledge of the Double/Multi Factor authentication using specific tool like (Workspace ONE/RSA);
- Users management: knowledge of the principles for the configuration of a user domain(OpenLDAP, 389DS);
- Intermediate knowledge of the MySQL/MariaDB database management;
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle including design, implementation and testing, Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Proposing ideas, participating in designing and implementing of critical IT infrastructure changes.
- Some programming/scripting experience (Shell scripting, Python, Perl)
- Experience in package management and related tools (rpmbuild, yast, yum)
- Good knowledge of KVM (libvird) and Solaris Virtualization (LDOMs)
- Deep Knowledge of VMware technology
- Cloud technologies knowledge based on VMware will be an asset
- ITIL qualified or experience working within an ITIL framework